Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thrifted Thursdays 2nd Edition!

Welcome back and Happy Thursday! I am excited about today's thrifted Thursdays.  I had a lot of fun playing dress up and getting these looks together for you.  This week's inspiration outfit is so spot on it's crazy.  Welp, let's get to it!

Blazing Hot!!
I looooove blazers!  I mean I absolutely love them.  There is nothing like throwing a blazer over a tank and keeping it moving.  That's just what I did here. When I thrift I look  for pieces that have something special.  The pattern in this blazer is everything. I paired it with a pair of wide-leg jeans and a brown tank. The thin belt helped pull the orange-ish brown out. Everything in this look is thrifted but the tank and shoes.  Liz Claiborne blazer $4, Wide-leg LL Bean jeans $2, belt $2. Total this look $10 (including taxes).


Prim and Proper
Nothing makes a lady feel like a lady (well me anyways) than a pretty blouse and a pencil skirt.  The moment I laid my eyes on this lblouse and its lace embroidered neckline I fell deeply in love with it.  I also really like how the sleeves sort of puff out.  This blouse falls in the vintage category for sure.   


I love the fit of the skirt.  Neutral looks are always refreshing to the eye.  Everything is thrifted but the shoes.  United Colors of Benetton skirt $3, Blouse $4.  Total for this look $8.


Denim on Denim
I will be doing an entire look book on this style.  My denim collection is crazy.  I'm talking denim dresses, shirts, blazers, scarves etc.  It' sort of an addiction. LOL  I don't know why but I feel like you can never have too many denim shorts (when in reality you really don't need that many).  This look is simply a 3/4 sleeve denim shirt and a pair of ankle skinny jeans.  Both are thrifted.  Seven denim shirt $4, Gap skinny jeans $2.  Total for this outfit $7 (including taxes).


 Inspiration Look
OK like I mentioned this week's Inspiration outfit was spot on.  I was looking through a friend's magazine and ran across this outfit.  I have the exact same dress but the short version.  So I decided to feature it.  Here is theirs.
I have to admit I'm a sucker for a maxi dress.  So I would definietly wear the longer version.


I purchased this dress earlier this year for about $8 and wore it for Easter.  It was a tad short for church so I added white (thrifted of course) wide-legged pants and wore it as a shirt.

Beautiful bestie (Left)

Here is a side-by-side comparison of the inspiration and mine.


Well that is it for this week's Thrifted thursday!  Thanks for dropping by and see you next time!







No comments:

Post a Comment