Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The secret to finding your purpose once and for all!

So I got a text the other morning asking me how I know what my purpose is. Wow, what a great question! Before I answered I asked God to help me answer it best I could and my answer was......I don't. I don't necessarily know my purpose but I do know what I am doing has something to do with my purpose. Does that make sense? I told my friend that I had been praying and thinking and praying some more for God to reveal to me my purpose. This was about a year ago. At the time I was feeling like "OK Christy, you aren't in your 20's anymore, it's time to start walking in your purpose." I needed to be doing something rewarding. I was more than sick and tired of working for someone that 1. Didn't appreciate my hard work and long (and i mean looooong) hours. 2. Wasn't interested in my success. 3. Hurt others 4. wasted my time. I literally felt like I was in high school. Meetings weren't very productive. The first 15 minutes were about work, the next 45 were all gossip. About people that they would then turn around and have lunch with. I couldn't take that being my everyday anymore so that brought on a reevaluation of my life. So I prayed. I cut out a lot of distraction and in that time I just meditated on the life I knew I no longer wanted and the life I knew I was purposed to have. It was time. It wasn't until my friend reached out that I thought it through completely. I realized that there were a few highlighted things that helped me in realizing that I am on the road to fulfilling my purpose ans I want to share them with you.


I Paid Attention. In my quiet time I realized that there was more to my life than THIS. I had devised a plan of action that actually worked out better than I ever thought it would. God gave me what I wanted and some. He not only gave me a way out but He equipped me financially as well. It was like He was paying me for giving it all to Him. He rewarded me for hanging in there through some pretty tough stuff. That was when I knew the timing for me and my purpose was starting to come together. There was no better time than now to begin walking where my steps were pre-planned to go.  

I Evaluated Me. What made me the most happy? What did I enjoy doing? What were my strengths? When did I smile most? What makes you fill fulfilled? The answer to those questions collectively gives you an idea of what your purpose is. See a lot of people think the answer to the question 'what is my purpose' is a one word answer. It's not always the case. What you do from day to day can be your purpose. For me, I like to talk, encourage, help, spend wisely, cook. So my blog allows me to share all of that with others. My focus is quite often on mom's making time for themselves and letting them know they deserve it and they are worth it. For my blog's one year anniversary I put together a brunch where I could encourage and empower women to their face. I looked them in their eyes and told them how important it was to take time for them. That experience was very overwhelming for me. I was so excited and anxious that I barely slept the night before.  I don't know necessarily where it will lead but so far I've been on a major radio show twice and TV twice encouraging whoever was listening. Each time I was there to encourage and uplift someone I felt encouraged and uplifted and fulfilled myself.

I Follow Through. So here is the thing with following through. It basically comes down to doing more of what that thing that fulfills you most more. It's that simple. You never know where it may lead. If that is indeed your purpose than everything will flow as it should. Like for me, I started my blog and I post about things I am passionate about. Those posts lead to me getting exposure to communicate on a more broad platform. That lead to be putting on an event and this year I am confident there is more to come! It is all from me sticking with it. I continue to push through those times when I'm too tired to type. I remember how good it feels to know I am possibly helping someone by sharing my personal experiences and that gives me motivation to know it is worth those hours I dedicate.

I Laugh in the Face of Fear. It can be scary to finally realize that it's happening! For me, realizing that everything was coming together scared me. Not in a bad way but it a way that 'Oh my Goodness it;s happening and I can actually see it!" If you aren't careful it can scare you into procrastinating for the simple fact that you are scared to now fail at the one thing you've been purposed for. Think of it like this, you were created for a very specific reason. A job that no one on this Earth can do. If you have paid attention, the timing is right and it is all coming together YOU WON'T FAIL. Jump out and just go full force eliminating that fear that is trying to intimidate you. Do this and guess what....You win. You will one morning wake up knowing that you are indeed living in your purpose.




No comments:

Post a Comment