Monday, February 16, 2015

New Year! new You! Part:3 Purge (weeding my garden of life)


Part:3

Hey there!  By now most of you have read parts one and two of my New Year, New You mini-series. If not just scroll down and catch up!  I hope you are getting something out of them!  Just re-reading them serves as a reminder for me to continue to invest in my inner-beauty and happiness.  What you put in the inside will surely reflect on the outside (that's not to say you can totally give up on going to the gym, lol).   OK, so let’s get to it!

Purge (weeding my garden of life) 




 Now remember we are still talking about our inner selves. So this purging is not a closet purge (which I probably need to do as well) or a clean out the garage kind of purge. It's a weeding your garden of life purge.  A cleaning out of all things toxic. Let me just start by saying, I’m not a gardener.  By no means do I have a green thumb but watching my mother garden over the years I do know that in order for your garden to bloom to its full potential you need to pull out the weeds. 


 


Weeds are "plants out of place and not intentionally sown". Another definition of weeds (according to Dictionary.com) is "plants that are competitive,  persistent, pernicious,  and interfere NEGATIVELY with human activity". Basically it's plants whose "undesirable qualities outweighs their good points". (Keep in mind that some weeds are obvious in appearance (ugly, dry-looking- picture on the left) however some can at times have an appearance of a pretty flower (Dandelion to the right). Now go back and replace "plants" with "people" or "TV" or even "work environment". These are things that I can say I need to and plan to purge. You can't grow to your full potential if you are constantly allowing toxic situations  in your life. Purging people is the obvious but can also be the most challenging.  I know it is for me. But as challenging as it may seem it's probably the healthiest. People who continuously hurt or disappoint you. People who don't reciprocate what you put into the relationship are not healthy for your garden of life. People who just can’t seem to make you a priority have got to go. It's time for you to choose YOU! You deserve better. You deserve the best! And if someone always makes you feel like you're an afterthought then it's time to move on. You can love from a distance, keyword being distance. Soon you'll see that all of the stress they brought will soon fizzle out and before you know it you are feeling stress-free.  Going back to Part 2: Forgive more, you still need to forgive but at the same time you don’t have to welcome their behavior into your life.  

Now, let's talk TV. I have a guilty pleasure of watching junk television.  I won’t name specifics because I don’t want to offend anyone and i certainly don’t’ want anyone to think I’m judging.  I have tuned in to watch women disrespect women, men disrespect women and where every other word is a curse word.  While my life doesn't reflect that behavior (far from it) I just couldn’t stop watching.  It can be addictive.  I mean I sit there…..watch…..comment out loud….shake my head and KEEP WATCHING!  I get nothing at all from it. Most of the time I'm asking myself how old they are to act in this manner but I STILL WATCH! Lol and I can’t put my finger on why!  Well I decided that I'd stop watching it (and believe me it was challenging in the beginning). It's trash TV and I’m pretty much over it. Investing hours of my life to watch garbage does nothing for me.  Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with watching things for entertainment (I’m a walking dead fan) but for me and where I am trying be in my spirit, reality TV will no longer have a place in my life (well not the junk anyways).  



Yes, it will be tempting to watch (still don’t know why, lol) but let’s be honest, constant disrespecting others and cursing one another out over who your ex is currently with or who slept with who is trash and no one likes a garden full of litter!  

Hopefully my resolutions help to jump start some internal ones for you. It’s never too late.  We still have 11 months left in the year!  If you can't come up with any you are more than welcome to borrow mine! Feel free to come back and re-read from time to time as a reminder that you deserve a life of peace and it’s up to you to get it!  Here's to the new US! CHEERS!  

No comments:

Post a Comment