Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Diary of a Childless Spring Break Day 5: Lost Keys!



Yawn, what time is it? Who cares? lol I am in full no kids mode right now.  I’ll get to work when I get to work. No, we need to be on time today.  So we both get dressed and are ready to leave the house at about 8:15 which is about 45 minutes earlier than yesterday. lol We walked out the door, and get to the car and I hear “oh wait i forgot the keys in the house.” Ok cool no biggie he’ll just go back in and get them and we will be on our way.  Only.......he is taking longer than it should to run in real quick and grab keys.  About 4 minutes (yes 4) later he comes out and says “babe can you come help me find the keys?” and runs back in.  So , I’m slowly walking back to the apartment thinking like “how do the keys get lost and there are NO KIDS HERE?????” How??  I mean if they were here I’d be like, great the kids got to the keys again but they aren’t here and we are looking for lost keys.  Then I get to thinking (still walking back to the apartment) i bet he is playing a joke on me and has something up his sleeve.  Maybe he is trying to get me to call out and stay home with him.  Maybe......I open the door and there he is searching frantically for the lost keys. Nope, nothing up his sleeve the keys are lost. So much for getting to work on time today.  So I join him in the search for the not the kids’ fault missing keys.  We look everywhere. I ask the usual questions, “Did you look in what you wore yesterday?  Did you check the closet (he keeps them on the shelf in there often)?  Did you check the closet floor in case they fell out of your pocket?” I’m looking in the couch, the kitchen, the bathroom and the keys are nowhere to be found.  Then I walk past his Cream linen blazer hanging over the dining room chair he wore the day before and back to the bedroom to help in there.  I ask him again hey did you look in your pants from yesterday? He says “yes, but I’ll check again. He then picks up a pair of black pants and checks the pockets. I say “ Trav you didn’t wear black pants yesterday you wore brown.” He corrects me saying “no i wore these,”  I correct him and say “no Trav you wore brown with that cream blazer in the dining room.” His facial expression changes as he walks slowly to the brown pants hanging in the closet. In slow motion he pulls the keys out of the pants pocket. I don’t say a word and walk out the room and out the front door to the car.  BIG SIGH!!!!!  Off to work we were, finally. Work was work (again). Before I knew it 5 o’clock rolled around and i was on the way home. It was a pretty low-key night. But not just any night.  It was the last night we had before the kids came home. This was it. Our lives will go back to the lives we’ve known for almost 7 years now.  As we were eating dinner i thought out loud and said “the kids come home tomorrow.” Trav just says a “yep.”  “Our lives would be soooo boring without the kids. I think we’d get on each other’s nerves if we didn’t have kids to distract us.” Wow where did that come from? lol Came from me. “Yeah” agreed Trav and that was that. The sun went down and so did we!
P.S. One day left!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment