Wednesday, June 24, 2015

D.I.Y. Thank You Gifts!!

We made it! It is the evening before the last day of school.  And just like last year I have decided to let the kids make their teacher's gifts.  Yes, I could have just gone to the store and bought a thank you card and gift cards but I think it is important for the teacher to know that not only are the parents appreciative but the student is as well.  SO much so that they took out time to make a special gift for them.  I mean which would you prefer from your child?  I store-bought gift or something they made on their own?  For me, I pick 'B'.  So I headed to Pinterest to search for D.I.Y teacher gifts and found two great ones.  One for a female and one for a male.  These gifts cost next to nothing and took no time to make.  As we were making them I was thinking to myself these would be great gifts for almost any occasion.  For my son's teacher we decided on the 'Spa in a Jar' (I KNOW RIGHT!!), and for my daughter's teacher we did a 'Popcorn Bag movie package'! Another cool idea!  So let's get started with the 'Spa in a Jar'.

You will need:
I purchased most of these items from the Dollar Store with the exception of the hand sanitizer and hand lotion which I got at Bath and Body Works during their semi-annual sale (sanitizer was $.35 and lotion $3) and the lip scrub (click here for recipe) and foot scrub (click here for recipe) which made with items from my kitchen!  You can decide on anything that you think would be nice for a spa.  When people think spa they think relaxation so  wanted to make sure I stuck with the theme.  I also wanted to make sure everything would fit in the jar otherwise I couldn't call it 'Spa in a Jar'.  It would just be a bag of items.  It's all about presentation folks.  Once everything was purchase and the scrubs were made my son Brandon placed each item in the jar and sealed it closed.  You can either add a ribbon to the jar and tie it on top or grab a gift bag and stick it in there.  Here is the finished product!


She looooooved the fact the Brandon made the scrub himself and even mentioned that she looooooves foot scrubs! 

As for the movie-themed bag this is probably the quickest gift I've ever put together.  Again, I allowed my daughter to pick what wen in the bag.  Good thing too because she knew that he loves chocolate.  So we decided on miniature Snickers, Sour Patch kids, Mike and Ikes and of course Popcorn.  Again every item including the Popcorn bags (there were 10 in the pack) came from the dollar store!  

My daughter Monet was in the middle of playing when I called her to stuff the bag so she rally appreciated that it took like 10 seconds to put everything in. lol


Since the bag so far was in total only about $5.00 I decided to also get him a Redbox gift card!  Who even knew this existed?? Well the hubs mentioned it and sure enough he was right (but we won't tell him that,lol).  The way it works is you go online and purchase it and you have the option to either have it emailed to them or print it out.  I decided to email it that way there was no way it could be misplace.  The only thing with getting it emailed is that they have to go online and "order" or reserve their movie and use the e-gift card THEN go pick it up.  I don't think it's too much of a hassle. The minimum you can purchase is $10.00 which was fine with me. So with a few clicks and after entering my information and a little message I was all done!  The Movie bag was complete!

So there you have it!  For just under $25 you can give two great gifts.  I think the 'Spa in a Jar' is perfect for bridesmaid gifts, baby shower favors (you can do a mini version), lady coaches thank you gift,  or even just an all girls sleepover!  As for the movie bag I'm thinking it's a perfect Father's day gift for the kids to give or even a favor for the men at a joint baby shower!  Whichever occasion you decide to make them for I can guarantee you two things....1- They won't be disappointed and 2- You won't spend a lot! Happy gifting!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment