Wednesday, June 24, 2015

D.I.Y. Margarita Foot Scrub!!!


It's Summertime and that means flip flops for the fellas and sandals for the ladies, which also means cracked, dry winter heels!  A year ago I made a Margarita foot scrub as a gift for a couple of the ladies at my children's school as 'Thank you' gifts and it was a hit!  No, you can't eat it but boy does it smell good enough to drink!  I went on Pinterest looking for a good foot scrub recipe and combined a couple and came up with my own.  I recently made more for the ladies that attended my Brunch.  It was included in their swag bags along with my D.I.Y. Brown Suga Lip Scrub I figured since it got such great feedback that I'd post it for the world to see!  Most of the items needed are no further than your kitchen.  For the scrub you will need:

 Disclaimer:  Now I eye the amount of ingredients I put in but I will try to give the best estimate I can.

1 Cup Epsom Salt (I used the Spearmint/Menthol scented)

1/4 Cup Olive oil

1 Tbsp Honey

Zest of Lemon

Zest of Lime




Cheese Grater

Bowl to make it in

Container to keep it in

(you'll also need a spoon to stir everything together)





Ok next step is easy...Just add all the ingredients to the bowl!  I usually stir after each one is added.


Hint:  Rub the mix between your fingers to make sure it's the consistency you want.  If it's too "smooth" then add more Epsom salt to make sure it it has the "scrub" affect.  If it's too "scrubby" then add a little more oil.

Once you're done mixing to your liking then simply stir and scoop into your container! Just like that you have made you very own Margarita Foot Scrub!  The zest of the lemon and lime will make it smell good enough to eat but do NOT eat it. 


Oh yeah, one last thing.  Since mine was for a gift and I was also adding a lip scrub I wanted to make sure to label each.  So I bought a pack of small labels and just wrote the description on them.  The labels came from Walmart.






No comments:

Post a Comment