Friday, August 7, 2015

Have your cake and eat it too! 3 (healthier) go to sweet snacks!

Snacks Snacks Snacks!! I love to snack. My weakness is SWEETS! Yes, sugar is my frenemy! Cake, cookies, candy, you name it and I love it.  Sweets make me happy.  If I could live healthy on sweets I would!  Unfortunately I can’t BUT I have found a way to have my cake cookie and eat it too! LITERALLY! I don’t do diets because I feel like with consistent exercise and healthier choices you can eat and drink what you want (in moderation of course)….hey I like what I like and not being able to have what I want is NOT an option lol.  So I'm going to share with you the three snacks I am currently eating/drinking that allow me to have my sweet fix and still stay healthy.


#1  Anyone who knows me knows that the way to my heart is through OREOS!!  I love Oreos. Golden, Original, Orange Creme! I do not discriminate!  They are life’s bread in my eyes.  I always feel guilty after having my 4 (yes 4!) Oreos but it never stops me from eating them.  It gets so bad that at one point I had to stop buying them.  Well NO MORE!  Introducing... 


Can you believe it?! They are now selling Oreo Thins in grocery stores.  They are much smaller than the originals.  
Less sugar and less calories.  The serving size for the original is 3 cookies.  Serving size for the thins is...FOUR! Yes you can have 4 cookies. While I'm not saying eating cookies are healthy I AM saying an Oreo Thin is the healthier option when eating Oreos! These are my new love! 



#2.   Next up, my sweet, simple smoothie!  The sugars from the fruit alone are enough to satisfy me.  You can buy a lot of ingredients to include in your smoothie.  I know people who put literally 10 items or more in theirs. Well I keep mine pretty simple.  With just 4 ingredients my smoothie gets me where I need to be. I use frozen mixed fruit, a tad of water, pure honey and a handful of Baby Kale.  That's it! It's sweet AND healthy!  I don't use my smoothies as meal replacements.  I will have one with breakfast or as a snack when I feel like I'm starting to get tempted to have a piece of cake! LOL


#3. And finally..good ole Trail Mix


The mix I get is from Walmart but you make your own with items you have at home . The one I purchase includes peanuts, raisins, almonds, cashews and M&M's!!! Yes CANDY! There is the sugar I am looking for.  The calories for the serving size is the same as the Oreo Thins so you can switch back and forth without having to look up the calories again.  The sugar is a little lower that the thins so if you are like me and trying to watch your sugar the best decision would be Trail Mix over Oreo Thins.  Target also sales Trail Mix for a very reasonable price. 

And there you have it. Three snacks you can enjoy without having to feel guilty about the sugar. Yes, you can do other snacks like celery and peanut butter, or almonds and raisins but I don't know if those are as good as cookies and candy! lol  Whichever you choose make sure it's all in moderation!

Snack ON!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment