Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Fashion for the Fellas! 5 hot ways to determine what to wear for the day!

Everywhere you turn you see fashion experts.  From Red Carpet Critics to someone telling you 'What NOT to Wear".  But have you noticed that most fashion experts (the ones we see on TV) are women?  As a woman in love with fashion I can appreciate the expertise of a female fashion.  I mean my baby sister is one of the best professional stylists I know! But what about the gents?! How can a lady tell a guy how to best dress himself.  Yes we can study up on it but only another guy can reeeeeally know what guys look for and need in their clothing selections.  I don't know about you but I love a well-dressed gentleman.  I don't think there is enough male expertise on fashion out there which brings me to my gift for the guys.....Fashion Guru Chris Blowe!  


I've know Chris for about 15 years now and one thing that stands out about Chris is his natural fashion sense!  This guy knows his stuff!  He isn't afraid to think out of the box and take it to the edge when it comes to how he dresses.  He even has a hot sock collection!

Chris will be the gift that keeps on giving because he will return to Beautiful Us with his fashion tips from time to time.  Lucky Us!  I've asked Chris to give us a sneak peek of what is to come.  So read below at Chris' top 5 tips on Deciding What to Wear for the Day:


1--Don't match! Coordinate. Don't be afraid to find colors that group well together. Every piece doesn't have to have a trace of one color. Sometimes, one item can play off of the next. You can even wear pieces that are all different, but brought together with one common thing such as a tie or a pair of shoes, etc. Experiment--you'll be surprised what actually doesn't look so bad.

2-- That leads me to...PLAY WITH COLOR! Black, white, tan, navy and grey are all life savers. But don't be afraid to throw in a bold yellow or green. Even a pink. Red doesn't have to be the only "I'm here" color utilized for that purpose. I actually refer to a color wheel sometimes to get ideas for color combos in my outfits. Once again, experiment. You'll be surprised.

3-- Fit and Proportion. I don't care if your suit came from Target. Good tailoring will make it look like high end delight. I know--I've done it. LoL. Plus, it can breathe new life into something that you haven't worn in a while. Same concept with more casual wear. Bring the fit in a little closer. Create a silhouette for yourself. You don't want to look like a blob of fabric walking around and it makes your clothes look like they're worth something no matter where you bought them.

4-- They're are more patterns besides plaids and stripes. You have polka dots. Hounds tooth (my personal fave). Even floral. Expand your horizons. Refer to the previous tips and have a ball.



5-- Dress how you feel. Some of us have some sort of uniform to wear. Me personally, I'm military. But I still switch up my eyeglasses or my watch just to keep myself entertained. Dress how you feel; not how you feel others will accept you. When at work, you have to keep the dress code in mind (if it applies). But you can still slip some piece of "YOU" in there. Express yourself!! Especially outside of the office, plant, lab, etc.


Fashion is not just functional for men. It can be fun too. Plus the ladies dig it. They can sense when you've made the effort. But the confidence starts with you! 

~The Blowe Show


I want to thank Chris for sharing his tips with us! Ladies feel free to direct your guy to this Top 5 and sit back and enjoy the show!


No comments:

Post a Comment