Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Maximizing your maxi dress! 3 ways to wear 1 dress!

One of my Summer staples is the Maxi dress!  I know I'm not alone! I mean how can you not loooove a dress that you can effortlessly throw on and just like that it looks great! It's like wearing a cute, comfy t-shirt and getting away with it.  My love for maxi dresses has completely taken over my closet.  I have all colors and styles. Sleeveless, spaghetti straps, thick straps, purple, blue and so on.  Being a maxi dress expert (lol) I've come to find that there is more ways that one to style  a maxi! I've come up with 3 different looks for just one dress.  Let me say that these looks will work on most dresses but not all.


Dress 1
 Look #1: Just rockin it like it came!

For this look I'm just wearing the dress as it comes.  I like to throw a piece of or two jewelry on with it most of the time but for the most part I just appreciate the original design.  If I do accessorize it is minimal.



Look 2: Layer, Layer, Layer!

For this look I simply LAYER.  When I layer I add scarves, belts, sweaters, tank tops etc.  I know what you're thinking...who wants to layer in the Summer months?  Or better yet, HOW do you layer in the Summer?  First I'll say start with a thin dress.  If you wear a thinner material you don't have to worry about falling out from heat exhaustion trying to be cute with your layers. lol With this dress I decided on a sleeveless lace shirt and a thin black belt. The lace dresses my maxi up and the belt just adds a tad of glam.  I love this look because it's cute and still very comfy!



Look 3: Maxi SKIRT!

This look transforms your dress to a skirt! Yep that's right. If your maxi has a belt sewn in or that elastic band inside you can fold the top of your dress inside and wear it as a maxi skirt.  I was able to actually tuck my shirt in with this one and tie it to make sure it doesn't fall.




Dress 2 Looks

               Original                                   Skirt                                        Layered       
For this maxi skirt look I simply folded my dress down inside and threw a cute tank on. I kept the same necklace and just like that I have a new outfit.

For the layered look I added a thick braided belt, long, sleeveless vest and colorful linen scarf.  I know what you're thinking....SCARF IN THE SUMMER?!  Well look at it like this, you can use your scarf to dab your Summer Sparkle (sweat, lol).  On a more serious note if you are out all day but going inside at times both you and I know that stores and restaurants BLAST the AC making you forget it's Summer and wish you had something to keep you warm.  The scarf you wear can be used as a shoulder wrap.  When it comes to scarves, they have all kinds of different Summer fabrics.  

Personal Stylist Danielle Brown over at Silk Iron, LLC recently held a session and mentioned that you can get linen, jersey or cotton scarves during the hotter months as all 3 are considered "breathable materials".  Cotton is actually also absorbable. 

Dress 3 Looks

             Original                                Layered                                Skirt

This dress is a very simple dress.  There isn't much to it....like at all so I kept things very simple when it came to both layering and the skirt looks.  For the layered look I tool a very thin cotton sleeveless shirt and a really thin yellow belt.  The top of the shirt is weaved so it's great for Summer.

For the skirt look I simply took a 3/4 sleeved cotton shirt, tied it up and called it a day!  This shirt is pretty thin too.

Well ladies that is how you can MAXIMIZE you maxi dress!  Easy right?! I know! I hope you can use this info to stretch your wardrobe a little.  Remember to have fun when you're choosing how to wear your maxi! Be edgy, be bold and then post your look on instagram and share pics with me! 

P.S. I'm makng a video on this soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment