Friday, May 6, 2016

D.I.Y. Floral flying cup

Mother's Day is just around the corner.  I remember as a child making homemade Mother's Day cards and little projects for my Mom every year.  Each time I gave her my gift she was so excited and overjoyed.  You would have thought I had given her a year's worth of spa treatments or a new car!   As a mother myself I now know the feeling.  Every year my children bring me a cute little card and a gift they made just for me.  It's such an awesome feeling to know that they took out the time to make it with me in mind the entire time.  I hang the cards and pictures up on the fridge for a month or so then I take a picture, file it in my e-photo book and throw it away.  Hey don't judge me.  Getting gifts from three kids every holiday on top of school projects piles up.  I was on Pinterest and came across this really awesome project that I think is perfect for a Mother's Day gift.  It's called the flying cup.  It's inexpensive, easy-peezy and something that can be displayed throughout the year.  I decided to give it a shot with my kids for our daycare provider who is more like a second mother to them.  This gift is perfect for tea-lovers, flower lovers and whoever likes cute things!  Enjoy the video and Happy DIY-ing!

Hint:  Make a card to go with it saying something like "Thanks for pouring your love in my life!"


No comments:

Post a Comment