Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mother's Day Savings!

Let's face it, Mother's Day is right around the corner and some of us are still scrambling to find the perfect gifts!  Well I have a few tips to help you save a little money! Ways you can cut corners and slash prices without anyone being able to tell!  So let's get to it...

A lot of people don't know this but a good spot for gift shopping is TJ Maxx and Marshalls.  Not only do they have great prices but they also have a variety of items from clothes and  kitchen supplies to gardening tools and purses.  Well a small secret that everyone isn't hip to is that they also sell gift bags, tissue paper and cards.  I was recently shopping for a friend of mine and was on a strict budget.  i decided to make a trip to Marshalls and boy did I hit the jackpot!  I wanted to buy her something very classy and found this Fitz and Floyd votive holder at a great price!
I went to their website and saw that their candle holders are priced anywhere from $36 up to $108!  Wanna guess how much I paid for it?

Yep! JUST $5!  So if it were priced at $36 originally it was a whopping 87% off!  And if it were originally $108 that's (insert drum roll) 95% OFF! So for just $5 I was able to buy a nice, classy, great quality gift.  I also wanted to buy a gift that celebrated this person's new baby in their life so I found this beautiful book.  



It's a book inspirational quotes from Frederick Douglas and Socrates to William Shakespeare and Vincent Van Gogh. I took a look through it and ended up taking some pics of the ones I really liked! One of my favorites was "Wisdom begins in Wonder"--Socrates  The original off the shelf price was $14.00 however I got it for....


That's just about 55% off! Another GREAT save! Well you can't just give a gift without a card.   Gotcha covered! Marshalls also carries cards and I was able to find one for a buck! It was originally $4.

And finally, you'll need something to put everything in.  What better than a beautiful gift bag with gorgeous tissue paper?!  I found one that came with gold tissue paper!  What woman doesn't love gold? 


It actually came with like 7 pieces of tissue paper. Who needs that much? So I used only 2 pieces of it and folded back up to use at a later date.  See, it's the gift that keeps on giving.  


The bag ended up being just $3. I couldn't see the original price but I didn't mind pay $3.  To me it was a steal.


Alright so let's tally up my savings. I ended up spending $15.00 plus tax and saving about $45 (if i price the candle holder at just $36. if I price it at $108 I have saved over $100!).  Trust me your mother or whoever you are buying for would be happy but your pockets will be a tad happier! Happy Saving!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment