Monday, April 13, 2015

Diary of of Childless Spring Break! Day Two: Lazing Around!


Do you hear that? That......there it is again. What is that? Is a sort of silence I didn’t recognize.  A morning silence. I don’t hear her or feel him.  I slowly open my eyes and there I see.....no one. There is no one there but Travis. My first thought is to hop up and get breakfast started but I quickly realize I don’t have anyone to feed but myself.  Travis is still sleeping and the 3 Amigos are gone so I just lay there.  Hmmm what am I supposed to do now? Do I try to go back to sleep? Do I watch TV? Do I call the kiddos?  Tv it is. I click the tv on and an hour and  half later I quietly wake Travis up who is by the way loooooving the fact that he is able to sleep in.  I know what you’re thinking, Why would you do that?!?!?!?!  Well I was lonely why else? lol I usually have little ones around to keep me company. But that quietness was getting to me. I needed company. So sorry Travis, I pick you. When I woke him up he smiled and asked me the time and hesitantly I said 9am (thinking he’d be disappointed  that it was still so early) but to my surprise he was just the opposite. I told him I got lonely and he smiled. 9? That's not bad is what I heard and that’s why I appreciate my husband...he gets it.  We began to plan our day. First things first BRUNCH! We just experienced a DC brunch for the first time a couple of weeks ago and were eager to try it again. After a lot of back and forth we finally just decided to go to Outback Steakhouse for an early lunch.  They open at 11am now.  It was about 10:55am so we headed over.  Two minutes before they opened we sat on their bench outside. With a blow of the wind we could smell the deliciousness of Bojangles next door.  Hmmmm we began to talk ourselves into Bojangles. I mean there would be no wait, it was cheaper and it smelled soooooo good. So we hopped it the car and off to Bojangles we went. I don’t think you caught that. We hopped in the car.  No loading the van back up, or breaking up the fight of who won the battle of the seat belt clicking. Before pulling up to Bojangles  we had changed our minds twice more. The beauty of that was we had the luxury of being indecisive.  We didn’t have a handsome someone saying he was starving or a little ninja announcing from the back of the van his request for juice.  We could take our time and figure out what really wanted.  After a few more minutes of deliberating we decided to drive down about 10 minutes to a new spot we always wanted to try. 30 minutes and two soul food to go boxes later we found ourselves back home on the couch stuffing our faces and watching a movie. Any movie we wanted. Rated whatever we wanted! No animations here! Not today and not for the next 4 days. Half way into the movie I dozed off, and 30 minutes later so did Travis.  We slept uninterrupted for the next 4 hours on the couch under the breeze sneaking through the screen door. I woke up and it was bout 5pm I need to call the kids.  At least Aaron (the 2 year old). I don’t want him to think mommy abandoned him.  Well I was way off because when he was asked if he wanted to speak to me he turned and looked at my sister and replied “no”. Do you hear that? That there?  It was the sound of my heart slowly breaking. My sister assured me it was because he was in the middle of playing with his cousin. I accepted the explanation and said i’d call back. But before I hung up the princess asked to speak to me and that made it aaaaaall better (although my little feeling were still a little hurt). We spoke for a few minutes and "Good bye, I love you" ended our call. Travis woke up and we left the house for drinks and dessert. Which ended up being appetizers, drinks and dessert. No wait for a table just straight to the bar. After our “snack’ and quick trip to the store we found ourselves back on the couch..... What a day. Oh Laziness how I will miss thee when you leave. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment