Friday, April 17, 2015

Love Letter...


When's the last time you wrote a lve letter? Have you ever written one? What about receiving one? When is the last time someone wrote YOU a love letter?! For those of you who have received one I bet a smile came across your face. You remember who sent it and what it said. You remember how you felt when you read it. How in that moment someone was gushing over you. How every word written was a word carefully thought out to make sure you received the message of their heart.

I was lying awake at 3am this morning just staring at my husband. Thanking God for Him. Smiling at my King I got butterflies. I began to think about how much I appreciate him. And how wonderful a father he is to our children. I was laying here thinking all these great things about him and figured I'd write him a love letter. And so I did. I told him how much I appreciate him and how blessed our children are to have him. I told him how I see all that he does and how even all these years later he is still my dream husband. I went on and on until I got it all out. I left it for him to read the next morning. Still not able to sleep I began to wonder if people still wrote love letters. You know the ones we see in the movies. The ones that were cherished and saved for years. The ones that people would walk miles just to mail. The urgency behind it was real. The need to open up one's heart was no light matter. Well, I challenge you to have that urgency. Whether it's for a significant other, best friend or parent. Write a love letter. Not a love email…a love note. Today is the day of emails and text messages.  Instant messages rule our communication.  Try it. Send a handwritten, open and honest love letter. Put a stamp on it and mail it. Or leave it under someone’s pillow. Yes, some may already know how you feel but there is nothing like receiving a love letter. The feeling you will experience as you write it is amazing!  And sending it is even more amazing!


P.S. To my lovers, you can go one step further and spray it with your perfume or cologne. Whatever you decide to do trust me it will definitely be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment