Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thrifted Thursday!! Edition ONE

Hello Beautiful friends!  Today is my first Thrifted Thursday and I am super excited about it! I have a vision that I cannot wait to get out!  Here is how it;s going to go.  I will be featuring 3 to 4 outfits that will be 90 - 100% thrifted.  I'll share with you what I paid and why I decided to pair the pieces together.  I will also pick an inspiration look and show you how to get the look for less!  Let's get to it!

Dressin' up a Tee
I looooooove me a Tee!  Whether I'm dressing it up or dressing it down if I could live in a t-shirt I would.  Here is how I dressed up this cute Jessica Simpson t-shirt, Body by Victoria skirt (Victoria Secrets) and set of pearls I got from the thrift store.


The only piece that isn't thrifted is the cape!

This outfit is perfect for Fall.  It's sooooo comfy.  I will definitely be wearing it to church THIS Sunday! Checkout what I paid for this look.  Shirt $4, Skirt $4, Necklace $10.
Total for this look..$20 (with taxes)!!!


Office Chic
There is nothing like an outfit to help get you through your work day.  It's like "they" say, Dress to Impress!  I don't know about you but when I'm dressed cute nothing can ruin my day.  Everything in this outfit is thrifted but the shoes! Banana Republic cardigan $4, Gap blouse $4, Talbots skirt $4. Total for this fit $14 (with taxes)!!!



The blue blouse and gold earrings!
I have a new found love for blouses.  I especially love vintage blouses.  You know, the ones that button in the back and have those shoulder pads in them...yeah those.  It can be a challenge making them work and I love fashion challenges especially when they work!  I added to the blouse a green H&M belt and a pair of gold earrings! Yep, you can get accessories for next to nothing at thrift stores too! Only thing not thrifted are the pants.  Blouse $4, earrings $5, H&M belt $2.  Total for this vintage turned modern blouse getup $13!


And now for my INSPIRATION OUTFIT!

I found this Worthington Ad in the September issue of Essence Magazine.  They were even nice enough to list the original and sale prices of each item.  Funny thing is, my entire outfit cost less that the blouse alone. lol





With mine I decided to have a bit of fun with patterns.  You can't tell it right away but the skirt is patterned.

Since it's Fall I figured I'd go with a sleeved shirt and what's a cute blouse without a huge bow that nicely falls down the middle?


So what do you think?!
I paid $4 for the black '5/48' blazer, $4 for the H&M blouse and $4 for the black 'Moon Collection' skirt.  Total for this flirty outfit was $14 (including taxes)!  

Hope you enjoyed my first edition of THRIFTY THURSDAYS!  There is plenty more where this came from so come back next Thursday and see what else I have in my closet! 
P.S. Here are some of the labels I went home with this time.


 Remember you can be frugal AND fly!






No comments:

Post a Comment