Monday, April 25, 2016

What to do with your subscription beauty box leftovers!

Once upon a time I subscribed to one of those great beauty box monthly subscriptions and I loooooved it! It was like getting a Birthday or Christmas gift every single month.  In case you are unsure what  Beauty Boxes are they are monthly subscriptions of boxes filled with various items.  There are makeup boxes, hair product boxes and even food boxes.  For a small fee you get a different box each month. I'm a lover of nail polish, hair products, perfume and all things girly so my subscription was right up my alley.  While I enjoyed getting my new items before I knew it I had loads of products collected.  I wasn't sure what to do with them.  Some weren't a good match for my skin color, others were too close to something I already had and the rest were just items I had no interest in (like lip plumper).  After a while I didn't know what to do with them and decided to just throw them away.  I know, I know.  I got rid of soooo much stuff.  Well I've recently been considering starting my subscription back up but needed to figure out how I could solve my problem of "leftover products" first.  Here are 3 ways to handle the items you no longer want without just dumping them.



Birthday gifts or stocking stuffers
What girl doesn't like new products to try out?  Grouping a few items together in a nice new clutch or small purse is a perfect way to re-gift your items.  If you have a good amount you can make a really nice Birthday Beauty Basket.

Try to include items you know your friend is into but also throw in something that is new to them.

Aside from bday gifts they also make great Christmas stocking stuffers.  Most of them are small in size and would fit perfectly in a stocking.  If you want to add a little more to the gift include a gift card so they can purchase the full size at a later date

Give them as a Prom or Homecoming gifts
Prom and Homecoming can be a very special event for a young lady so giving a nice small gift helps make it that much more special.  Besides, teenagers love stuff like this.

Find a nice reusable container to place them in with tissue paper and a card.

Whether it's makeup, nail polish or a new vile of perfume you are sure to get a huge Thank You when giving your gift.  If you don't have a teenager yourself give it to a neighbor or co-worker's teen (with permission of coarse).  You can also give it to a younger relative.  If they are not in your area just mail it!  

Swap em!
I am always looking for an excuse to have a get together.  What better way than to grab some of your girlfriends with the same issue (overage of products), wine, some good music and freebies!  Tell the ladies to be sure to bring a bag to take their goodies home in and swap away!
If you want to make it fun, throw everything in a big bin and have everyone take turns digging in BLINDFOLDED! 
This is to make it fair for those popular items.  It's all about fun!  Cool thing is you'll leave with either items you know you love or new things to try!  Oh yeah you also got rid of stuff that you didn't want.


You may also like Makeup! All things Natural. and Hello Spring! de-winterizing my skin!


No comments:

Post a Comment